This workshop provides new faculty with information about setting strategic goals that are aligned with the teaching, research and service mission of OUHSC. Participants are introduced to an Individualized Faculty Career Development Plan (IFcDP) to help chart academic career success for achieving promotion and/or tenure.
- Describe how to strategically set career goals and objectives using an IFDP
- Identify strategies to negotiate and achieve measurable outcomes for academic success
- Recognize the importance of feedforward and feedback
Participants will have an opportunity to understand and discuss:
- faculty life at an academic health center & the importance of being strategic
- preparing early for academic career advancement
- defining your goals, objectives, activities and measuring results
- the faculty curriculum vitae and annual report
- the role of feedforward and feedback from supervisors, mentors and coaches
- Preparing an academic portfolio. Do you need one? What's the benefit/cost?
How to Attend:
Registration is required for attendance. You can access registration by selecting the date you wish to attend from the list on the right side of this page.